Sunday, March 29, 2009

North Korea Missile Launch

Regarding North Korea's plans to fire another missile (regardless of stated intentions or analysis on both sides as to the meaning of such a launch---provocative or otherwise) over the next week or so:

In discussions today on MSM relating to US plans to shoot down this particular missile, Gates offers the following money quote---

"I think if we had an aberrant missile, one that was headed for Hawaii, that looked like it was headed for Hawaii or something like that, we might consider it," Gates said. "But I don't think we have any plans to do anything like that at this point."

"Might consider it"?

No, Mr Gates---wrong response in my book. Your comment should have been re-worded as "we will shoot it down if it headed to Hawai'i". I do believe my friends on Oahu would appreciate the confidence in such language.




No comments: